Family Law Resources
- Los Angeles Superior Court
- Orange County Superior Court
- San Bernardino Superior Court
- Riverside Superior Court
- Alternatives Collaborative Divorce Team
- Department of Child Support Services
- California Statutes
- California Cases and Codes
- Internal Revenue Service
- Kelley Blue Book
- Used Car Book Values
Parenting Classes and Counseling Referrals, Infolink: (714) 955-2255
Child Abuse Registry: (714) 938-0505
Domestic Violence Hotline: (714) 992-1931
Click here to read a blog on divorce.
Click here to hear a podcast featuring GFT from DivorceMagazine.com.
FAQ Video Introduction
FAQ Question #1 "My spouse and I have owned businesses for many years, but I've not been involved in the businesses, how do I make sure that I get my fair share as we go through the divorce?"
FAQ Question #2 "How can I keep my cost under control?"
FAQ Question #3 "I have know that my spouse has been involved in extramarital affairs, and now that we are getting a divorce, I want to know if I can get back some of they money that he spent on his partners?"
FAQ Question #4 "My spouse wants to move out of state and take our child, is there anything that can be done about that?"
FAQ Question #5 "What should I look for when selecting a Family Law attorney?"
FAQ Question #6 "When getting a divorce, what are my legal options? Litigation vs. Mediation vs. Collaborative Divorce?"
FAQ Question #7 "What do I need to know about child support and spousal support?"
Stay current on the latest legal topics in family law.
Click here to see our monthly newsletter.
We have collected a list of important divorce guides that can help answer a lot of your questions.
Click here to see our list of divorce guides.
Taxes & Divorce
An analysis of the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2017
With the passing of tax reform highly likely in the near future, attached is a side-by-side comparison of current law and the changes found in the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for 2017 (prepared by Troy Yoshida, CPA).
Click here to download chart.
Click here to download. - See more at: http://www.divorcemag.com/free-download/divorce-magazine/2015ws/download-code-for-divorce-magzine#sthash.Ax3XXeEN.dpuf
- In re Marriage of Lucio (2008) 161 Cal.App.4th 1068 (John J. Gilligan)
- In re Marriage of Cordero (2002) 95 Cal.App.4th 653 (John J. Gilligan)
- In re the Marriage of Cross (2001) 94 Cal.App.4th 1143 (Brian K. Brandmeyer)
- In re Raiton v, G & R Properties (1992) 139 B.R. 931 (John J. Gilligan)
- In re Marriage of Willard (1981) 15 B.R. 898 (John J. Gilligan)
- American Tax Payer Relief Act Effective January 1, 2013 by John J. Gilligan.
- “The Need for a Legal Expert in Dividing and Distributing your Pension Upon Death or Divorce” by John J. Gilligan.
- “Post Divorce Life” by John J. Gilligan.
- “Which Spouse Should Get the Family Residence Following Divorce” by John J. Gilligan.
- Co-Parenting 101: Seven Things to do This Christmas, Long Beach Business Journal, December 22, 2011, by Barbara E. McNamara.
- “A Fathers Role” by Paul F. Dorin, Ph.D.